We have a fundraising campaign active on Facebook - here or you can donate to our Coronavirus Appeal if you prefer https://www.facebook. com/donate/2667137853518636/2710542 349054856/
You can now also donate by text - Text BCTGB3 to 70085 to donate £3 (Replace the 3 with any amount you wish to donate of course) - Texts cost £3 (or the amount you wish to donate) plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and SMS. If you’d like to give £3 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text BCTGBNOINFO 3 (or the amount you wish to donate) to 70085.
You can join in with our fun Collie Camera Capture selfie appeal As you can't visit we do have some online videos which you are welcome to view. A Virtual Tour of the centre below
Coronavirus and the Border Collie Trust
GB update from Ben Wilkes- Trustee
In Light of the Lockdown We remain closed for visits and adoptions of dogs. Applications for the pups looking for new homes is now closed. Information and details on adult dogs looking for new homes will appear on The Special Appeals Page when we are able to consider this, there are no adult dogs being rehomed at present.
We are unable to reserve any dogs or take expressions of interest at this time. We hope to look to rehome certain adult dogs following the rehoming of the pups. More details will be available in due course.
We are also getting lots of requests by email, phone, social media to be personally notified when we are open again, we hope you can appreciate the difficulty in doing so. However, this page and our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram social media will be updated the moment we are able to invite you to visit us. Please keep checking back here for more information, thank you. Do read on though for lots more general information.
If you are wondering why we, along with some other members of The Association of Dogs and Cats Homes, are not rehoming as normal at present please take a moment to read this explanation https://www.bordercollietrustgb.org.uk/about-border- collie-trust/coronavirus-updates/9- content/297-coronavirus-and-rehoming
Rest assured, we are reviewing our approach daily. We are aware of press releases from DEFRA, RSPCA and Dogs Trust which are being taken as a return to rehoming and adoptions taking place. Please do read the guidelines and our explanation why, at present, we feel they are not appropriate for us to consider rehoming. This may change of course and we will do our best to keep everyone updated her and on social media.
Thank you to everyone who has sent messages of support, we really appreciate them. Like all charities this will be a very difficult time practically as well as financially and so whilst we understand lots of people are facing financial difficulties as well and your on family must come first - if you are able - please consider donating to help our work. We still require our staff to care for the dogs in our care and at present there are very few funding opportunities for animal charities.
We estimate we will lose at least £7,500 a month from rehoming income, donations and our boarding kennels. The reserves we are using were set aside for our potential relocation due to HS2, so it does have a double effect on us.
All official advice regarding Coronavirus, from the UK Government can be found here http://www.cfsg.org.uk/coronavirus/SiteAssets/Sit ePages/Home/CFSG%20Guidance%20for%20Pet% 20Rescues.pdf?fbclid=IwAR3dzqycrvpSj6ljEoTaKDhBI- nvcFe7NB43moRlDZa4KjI8Tcg0wMDtu1Q
In light of the changing situation and advice we are constantly reviewing our situation and this page will reflect the most up to date information.
Please feel free to call us to discuss of course. Any measures we introduce is to protect our staff, the general public, the welfare of the dogs in our care and the overall economic and business health of Border Collie Trust GB.
Your Support - as with all charities and indeed businesses there is no doubt we will be affected personally, emotionally and certainly financially.
We appreciate everyone will find the next few weeks challenging but any donation towards our work has never been so important and you can donate by clicking here https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/bctgb20
We will continue to stock our eBay "shop" so you can always support us in that way, you can find our current listings here https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/bordercollietrustgb/=m.html?_adv=1&_dmd=1&_in_kw=1 &_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
We may all be doing lots of shopping online so don't forget Give as you Live https://www.bordercollietrustgb. org.uk/support-us/give-as-you-live and Amazon Smile. Any purchases through those sites raise money for us, at no cost to you. Your support morally through social media is also important, please keep posting positive messages. It really does help us. Thank you
1. Adoption of a collie - Following the increase restrictions on movement we stopped rehoming in March to protect our ability to care for the dogs currently in our care and to protect our staff.
Please DO NOT visit the centre. We will update this page and social media when we feel it is appropriate to open again. Please check the Q&A page which may answer question regarding rehoming https://www.bordercollietrustgb.org.uk/rehoming/q-a
The details of the dogs we have for rehoming are always up to date as they done automatically but The Special Appeals Page will have details of any dogs we feel we can now rehome given the restrictions we have to work to.
2. Rehoming your collie - again, in view of the situation our rehoming has now stopped and therefore the ability to offer places will be affected. We will continue to offer support with advice by phone and help in offering places in an emergency.
3. Volunteers - we appreciate the support of volunteers, however, at present we are cancelling any future volunteer inductions and asking all volunteers NOT to visit the centre as they would normally do. If you would be prepared to assist in the event of staff sickness we would appreciate that support. Please email email@example.com or call the office on 01889 577058.
4. Staffing - we intend to reduce our daily staffing to "minimum level" and split our colleagues into teams who will always work together, thereby reducing the contact between all staff and hopefully ensuring our ability to provide the level of care to our dogs.
5. Boarding - we have now closed our boarding kennels.
6. General Visiting - we do often receive visits from owners coming back to see us, supporters dropping off food, blankets etc. We do appreciate and indeed look forward to these visits. In view of the current advice, please DO NOT visit.
7. Mail Orders - we really value the support from mail orders, our ability to fulfil them during the current restrictions is now impossible. Please come back to us soon but if you do wish to place an order, thank you. We will complete it as soon as things start to improve.
We're sure things will change and evolve as time goes by - please check back here for updates or of course call us on 01889 577058 or email firstname.lastname@example.org